- Synthesize the best available scientific information to assess climate change
vulnerability and develop adaption options for the Gifford Pinchot National Forest in order to
help resource specialists and other interested parties understand, mitigate, and adapt to effects
of climate change on natural resources.
- Provide a scientific foundation to support climate change adaptation in land management
planning, ecological restoration, and project design that will have applications across a broad
range of resources.
SWAP Target Outcomes
- Apply scientific information from the vulnerability assessment to land management
planning, ecological restoration, and project design.
- Provide education and training to resource specialists and stakeholders through webinars
and a workshop, in conjunction with place-based information.
- Fulfill components of the USFS Climate Change Scorecard for achieving resiliency to climate
change by completing a vulnerability assessment and adaptation options.